We are now taking bookings for our Bird of Prey Experience days in Spain
- All year round (except August)
- Morning or Afternoon - 3 hours
- Available to:
- Anyone, all ages and families welcome.
- €65 per person (discounts for families and groups of 4 or more)
- Snacks, teas, coffees, soft drinks, cake
From our beautiful home in the foothills of the Sierra de Lijar mountains in Andalucia, Southern Spain you can get up close and personal with our incredible team of raptors including Hawks, Owls, Falcons and Vultures. During a 3 hour morning or afternoon session with our highly experienced team, learn the basics of handling a bird of prey and how to use the specialist equipment. Take our birds on a hawk walk around our field and have them follow you from tree to tree then land gently on your outstretched arm. Take a stroll with our amazing Vultures then witness them soar using the rising thermal currents, then as they disappear into the blue skies, call them down to gently land on your arm.
All ages welcome, a great activity for all the family. Perfect as a compliment to the Parahawking Experience to get some hands on before your flight or even as a standalone experience that is both educational and fun. Plus it's a great opportunity to get some memorable photographs.
- Arrive at 9am (morning session) or 3pm (afternoon session) at the Skywings Falconry HQ in Algodonales
- Meet and great the staff and birds
- Handling session, get comfortable and familiar with some of our birds
- Fly a bird to your fist on our training field, a great photo opportunity
- Break for snacks and refreshments
- Take a walk around our field with the Harris Hawks or our incredible Black Vultures
- Learn about vulture conservation during a short presentation
- Hawk racing to a dummy rabbit lure
- Finish with teas, coffees etc.
Note: Scott Mason is an internationally recognised and award winning bird trainer with over 35 years experience. Scott and his team are highly qualified specialists in this field.
Frequently Asked Questions
Our birds need to be rewarded for guiding us into the thermals. During the flight the passenger will place small morsels of meat onto his gloved hand, the birds will come and gently land on the hand to take the food, and then gracefully fly away to find the next thermal. A perfect symbiotic relationship.
Vultures are important in our society, they play a vital role in our ecosystem by cleaning up all of the dead animals that would otherwise be left to rot. Millions of tonnes of animal carcasses are disposed of each year across Asia, which if not cleaned up, would pose a real risk to human health. Asia's vultures are declining faster than the Dodo and could be extinct in the next 5-10 years, unfortunately not enough people know about the problem. Vultures are considered to be quite unsavory creatures because of this, these prehistoric looking birds are difficult to empathize with. We want to change that!
Parahawking provides a unique opportunity to see vultures in a different light, to understand about the importance of them in our society and to learn about their behavior in the wild. Parahawking is our mission to raise more public awareness to the plight of Asia's vultures and in doing so halt the decline and prevent their extinction.
We support vital Vulture conservation projects, proceeds from every Parahawking flight go to Vulture conservations projects.